Thursday, February 18, 2010

A Long Awaited Hello!!!!

Oh my it is so good to be home! But when we arrived home, things changed drastically! Good changes and not so good changes! Let me start almost 2 weeks ago,

We arrived home on Feb 6th to many family members and friends ~ THANK YOU again to all who were at the airport to welcome us home! It was so nice to be in Oklahoma, and to be surrounded by people who love us! We then were driven home and walked into our home welcomed by our two dogs. We were thinking we would not be able to go to bed, because it appeared that Emily was up for awhile! Much to our surprise, she went right to sleep, sleeping until 11 the next morning!!! This, we think is when everything changed! She had slept 10 of the 13 hour flight, our 2 hour flight to Tulsa, 2 1/2 hour drive home, then went to sleep again until 11 the next morning. It should have been no surprise to us when we realized that her days and nights were backward ~ to us not to her! We then had about a week of a very hard schedule! Many tears on her part and my part were shed. Frustrated, and sleep deprived mom was dealing with everything with not much grace! (on my part, not His, because he gave me grace every morning, but I didn't take it) Last Saturday she finally slept all night long, this mom was so excited, but stayed calm because I was not sure how long it would last. Giving all the glory to God ~ she has slept all night long since! We as a family are very much rested and are so happy that we have a schedule. Speaking of schedule ~ I am not a mom who sticks to a schedule, but have realized how important it is!

Now I must brag on my Lord, for because of His grace, we are right on schedule and doing very well. Each day, I must give the day to the Lord, even though I have not done that every morning. My God has been so good to give me what I need through each morning, each moment and each break down on my part. I have relied on prayer, encouragement from family and friends, and scripture! This one really spoke to me:

Isaiah 66:13
"As a mother comforts her child, so will I comfort you; and you will be comforted over Jerusalem"
I think there was times when I was not showing as much compassion to my sweet Emily, who is grieving, in a country that she doesn't understand, on a very difficult schedule, and just wants to sleep, and adjusting moment by moment! I must have grace and compassion for my little one, just like God has compassion for us! All in all we are doing very well, and are so excited about what the Lord has in store for us, in all circumstances! Thanks for the prayers and stopping by to say hello, the calls, and the wonderful dinners that were cooked for us! They were so much appreciated ~ what a blessing!
PS ~ Wanted to post pictures, but Ashley took her camera, so I will post them later!

3 comments:

Erica said...

I am missing everyone!! I am glad that things are looking up and I am so happy that she is home and safe! I wanted to share with you Proverbs 16:3. It really helps me and yes it may not be exactly what you are dealing with, but trust me a very much needed scripture in everyday life!!! Love ya

Anonymous said...

love your post!!-alf

Andrea said...

Thrilled to know that i am not the only one who is loosing sleep AND her mind. makes me feel like i amn part of a club or something..oh wait..i am..It's called "the crazy old people still adopting babies"club! Yees, David..that includes you!

we miss ya'll.
Kiss the girls for us.

Andrea
for the rest of the Thaggards