Sunday, March 7, 2010

One Month ~ Oh my!

Oh how time flies!!!!! Can you believe it…. We have been home one month; it feels like we have been home for at least 6 months! I can’t believe how fast the time has gone. Emily is doing so well, she is sleeping all night long, in her crib, eating three very good meals a day (when I say very good, I mean she can put the food away), she takes 3 bottles a day, and she switched to our formula with no problems, she loves to play with kids of all ages, loves her mommy and daddy, lights up when we go into the bathroom and she thinks she is getting bath no matter what time of the day, but when she does get in the tub she lights up the whole room with her excitement. She rides well in the car, and takes 2 naps ~ one in the morning and one in the afternoon, sleeping anywhere from 45 mins to an hour and a half. She loves being with other people but still knows who mommy is! She does still cry when I leave the room, and will not let anyone else give her a bottle (I don’t mind giving the bottle). She also has found a way to drink the bottle without having me squirt it in the mouth, and she has just recently learned how to drink from a sippie cup. She smiles from ear to ear when her sisters walk into the room, and has found a new love with our dog coco! She chases her around, plays with Coco and her toys, and laughs when she knocks her down….. All in All we are adjusting very well, and Emily is doing fantastic! Thank you Lord for listening to our prayers and answering them for your upmost glory!
Now for the many sides of Emily~

Our sweet Emily Janelle!

Chillin with my sis!
Love my naps!
Did you say mommy loves Mickey Mouse... Well then here you go!
"On her terms" she loves to play in her bedroom.

Loves to play with all ages of kids! Thanks JJ

Loves to dance.... sorry its not in focus, but it was too cute!


Not sure what they are looking at but she sure did like playing with the Frables.

Playing with Alyssa!


Emily and Connie ~ look how cute!

4 comments:

Brenda Cohorn said...

April, What a blessing! You are truly blessed with this child! I"m so glad the adjustment has been relatively easy.
brenda

Connie J said...

Why does the post-travel time go so much faster than pre-travel?!? Emily, you are a Treasure!

Erica said...

I am missing you all so much!!! I need a girls day so bad!! Love the pics keep them coming:)

LJ said...

She is precious! I love reading how quickly these children adjust after coming HOME.