Thursday, June 18, 2009

A Long Awaited Hello!

I know, I know, I know! I have not blogged in over two weeks. I would like to say that I am sorry, but it was something that seemed very hard to do. I avoided it for awhile, and kept thinking that I needed to say something. Our family went through some very difficult times during the adoption process. It has passed us now, but the hurt is still there. Although we felt we did exactly what we were suppose to do. Due to the sensitivity of the difficult time, I will not share all of the details. One of those reasons is it is so hard to put into words that make sense. We did receive two referrals(on two separate days), and as a family made the decision together, to decline the referrals. It hurts so much to even put that onto paper and see it in writing. We are fully aware that God is in control, and has already planned our journey and it is up to us to be obedient, and faithful to Him. We have not second guessed our decision, just have felt the pain creep back in. Our Awesome God has already picked out our Emily, and we can't wait until that day comes when we see her face to face, and give OUR DAUGHTER her first hug and kiss, and we know we can't let go.

FAITH ~ Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. "

GOD IS IN CONTROL ~ Psalm 32:8 The Lord says, "I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you."

SADNESS ~ Psalm 34:18 "The Lord is close to the brokenhearted, He rescues those are crushed in spirit."

TRUST ~ Psalm 33:21 "In Him our hearts rejoice, for we are trusting in His Holy name"

During this time, I am thankful for my family, His Word, our friends, and the many prayers that were lifted for us. May God touch you today in a way you will never forget!

6 comments:

Lana Coppock said...

It is so good to "hear" from you again. I check in on you daily and have really missed you. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers during this exciting journey.
Lots of Love,
Lana

Tammy said...

Adoption, like childbirth, is tough, but once you hold your daughter in your arms you know it was all worth it. To me, you're in the most difficult part of the journey, but God will give you strength.

Hugs. Tammy

Connie J said...

God has Miss Emily in His loving hands, and He will soon reveal her precious face to you!
Love you!

Anonymous said...

I CANT EVEN IMAGINE WHAT YOU ARE GOING THROUGH, BUT I FEEL YOUR PAIN JUST BEING YOUR FRIEND.
LOTS OF LOVE,
TRACY

Tina said...

You are so right the Lord knows exactly where Emily is and when he will reveal her to you. DO NOT worry!!!! Patience my dear friend! And don't forget I am ALWAYS here!!!
LOVE YOU!!

Sharon said...

Oh, how I understand your pain. Trust in the Lord to let your heart know when your Emily's face is revealed. You'll know. And your heart will find peace. I'm happy to see things are happening though. I didn't realize you were so close.

Sharon