Thursday, August 20, 2009

One More Step Closer

Much to my surprise, we are at our one month stepping stone toward our LOA (letter of acceptance). I am taken back to the moment when we first started our journey, and how excited I was and how blessed we were that God had chosen us to adopt. Today I am still excited and even more blessed then when we started. Our Gods plans amaze me every day, and how He knows each and every step we will take, exactly who will run into each day, the things we will say (sometimes not to His glory), the actions we make public, and yet He still loves us, and wants to spend time with us despite the things we have done.
As far as the one month anniversary (ha ha I feel like a teenager celebrating the 1st month of a relationship) we do now that it takes 60 ~ 90 days to receive our LOA, and although 1 month does not seem like a lot, it is to adoptive parents, because we know we are one month closer to holding our precious girl. How I long to hold her, kiss her, and just look into those eyes and say "Mommy's here". We pray that our LOA will be closer to the 60 days, and we will see Emily before the end of the year. I do know that the enemy is attacking, and all of our adoptive families needs prayers. So please continue to lift us all up in your prayers, because we all want to hold our children that God has chosen for us! With that we do know that we will see and hold them soon! May God Bless You Today!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Praying for you all as you await your LOA. I know that this and waiting that TA are the most difficult parts of the wait. I pray that God will fill your time with "busyness" and your hearts with peace.
Kim S(Connie's friend)