Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Ready.. Set....... WAIT!

"These things I plans won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, wait patiently, for it will surely take place. It will not be delayed."
Habakkuk 2:3



Let the waiting begin..... I have always thought that I would understand the waiting period with in the process of adoption. Yet I feel that we are suppose to be waiting, but it is hard to see the other families around us who are adopting moving through the process at a slow but steady pace. We on the other hand are at a complete stand still except of some reading (which I was never a fan of to begin with). We are waiting on test results to be returned to Enid. Everything else is ready to go. We have not had a interview with our agency, for reasons of the test results. I feel like we are getting no where, and yet I feel we are exactly where we are suppose to be. I really want to be in God's timing and do that I have to except what He puts in front of me. I do know that waiting could bring wonderful things..... like my girls being able to go to China with us when we travel, of course I know waiting means that we are not in the place of time to receive our daughter who God has given to us. I know that I must be patient with Him for He knows best and the plans He has made for me. This means I must trust and have faith in Him. This is something I am getting stronger and stronger in, and know that it will be ongoing even after the adoption. I believe we are always building our trust and faith in our Lord each and every day.

Another test of patience....

I have tried to be very patient with issue of my dining room table in my kitchen. It has fallen apart little be little of the past few months. We were down to two chairs, that really could break at any moment, and the fact that it is at least 12 years old was not a strike for it. Well yesterday much to my excitement, we were faced with more waiting. We purchased a table at Wal Mart and to my patience was added two bar stools that matched. Came home to assemble and when we pulled out the tabletop we was faced with a extremely warped top. Now we are waiting for Wal Mart to get back in stock the table. The good news is they told me we did not have to disassemble the table we could just bring in the top. Hopefully it will be in tomorrow, but if not I am up to the waiting...... :)

Kaylee helping her dad put together the table....

Soon to be a bar stool




And more waiting.

Kaeleb and Kayden apparently could not wait for nap time today...... Lunch just was not as important!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So your verse helped me more than you will know and I am here waiting right with you and I know its hard lol if you know what I mean!!! You are so right thoug waiting is hard but worth it and prayer is the only medicine for your situation and I love you girl!!! Exciting about your table so at parties I don't have to share the piano bench with my brother Kuyler lol

Blessed Family said...

April, these pictures are adorable! As far as waiting, it is a pain but it will all be worth it in the end. Keep blogging as it is a great stress reliever! Take care Heidi