Friday, November 7, 2008

Spontaneous pays off!!!!!

Ok for any one who has ever wanted to take off at the spur of the moment...... I say "do it" don't hold back, go for it! Rita and I took off on Tuesday morning and headed to Branson. We went for many different reasons, business, fun, get away, spend time together and a little shopping. Who goes to Branson with out shopping. We left on Tuesday and was back last night around 7:00. By family managed with out me and Rita's husband said he figured we would stay longer, but I think secretly hoping we wouldn't. We did have some business to tend to and also had some fun waiting for us..... Once again, (not complaining on my part) we went to Noah the Musical. I was so excited to be there once again and sharing with her. Truly I would like to sit though it over and over just so I can be with everyone as they see it for the first time. I really makes me understand why my pastor called me the very next day after we had seen it for the first time. We did a little shopping at the Branson landing and had lunch at my favorite restaurant of all. Every time I go to Branson, I have to eat at Mel's Hard Luck Diner, they have wonderful fool and great entertainment. Apparently even American Idol thinks they have great entertainment, because two of the waiter's have been on American Idol and one of them, Jason Yeager, made it to the top 10 guys. We had lunch with another couple at the Hard Luck Diner because it was very busy with 3 buses there, so Rita invited another couple to join us, much to our surprise he was a Baptist pastor and they both loved American Idol and eat at the Hard Luck every time they come too. We had a very nice lunch with them and God was so good to us during our trip. He granted us safety and laughs, wonderful experience at the Noah show and business was good too.


"Jason Yeager and Me"



Rita and I on the trolley at the Brason Landing



Also much to our surprise the Branson area was preparing for Christmas. We were able to go through the Parade of Lights on Saturday night. It took us about 30 to 40 minutes to go through. I must tell you that I was only driving 10 miles an hour and with no lights. I was driving Rita's car so I was very careful because I could not see the road. It was a very nice display of lights, and we had fun getting all the pictures, playing with our cameras to see what took the best photo. We hope you enjoy them as much as we did.





Well God is good, it was very much enjoyed by both of us and we hope we can do it some time soon. We very much felt that God was with us the whole time and brought us home safe and sound. We must not end this blog with out giving a BIG thank you to my mom for letting us use her condo..... Mom, thank you and I love you!

"Where two or three gather together

because they are mine,

I am there among them"

Matthew 18:20

No comments: