Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Spring Break = Decorating

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Spring Break. Ours has been consistently busy. We started with our Youth Retreat, splitting our guys and gals to separate homes. Connie and I had the girls at my house, and we had a very awesome lesson, with lots of discussion. We also enjoyed a lot of food, laughs, and girl talk. I feel it was a great success.

Next the Youth group has been working on decorating the Youth room for years now, I do mean years. Here recently they formed a committee (because we are Baptist) and came up with a plan of action. The committee presented it to our church and it was approved. So what better time to start decorating, but Spring Break. Most of the youth was able to help during different times of the process. We started on Monday with the shopping and much to my surprise the Youth wanted to start that day, I was hoping to wait until Tuesday morning. We did start and was able to prep work for two walls, and that helped with the next day. The Youth chose some wild but awesome colors. They also went with a focal wall much like one you would see in a youth room, or any teenager room. Will I am happy to report that the Youth room is done........ We finished it yesterday around 9:00 pm! I want to say thank you to all who was there to help or was praying for us through this process! We could have not done it with out all of you. To the youth I was so proud of you, you showed perseverance, excitement, patience, and motivation, it took all of those to finish this awesome room! Take a look at what they did..........
First thing first..... Must draw on wall!







Ashley...... A heart~

Kaylee...... A smile~

Austin....... Art on the wall, not the face~

Ashley priming, for future lime green color.

Ok, lime green wall, and a hint of blue to the left.

Stripes to a future square wall.....

I know I am not suppose to paint, but I couldn't help myself~

Our square wall, everyone pick a square and paint....

1, 2, 3 ~ Go!

Second row, our goal, do not have any color be next to the same color.

Third row, much harder to mix colors, but we got it!

In honor of St. Patricks Day we must wear green!

Lookin good girls....... Keep it up!

I am so excited...... Pink is my favorite color! ~ Not

More artwork, on the face, nice dolphin though~

The finished project....... I cant believe how amazing it looks.

Picture does not do it justice!

Our green wall, and memories of old times ~ Each collage is of

Falls Creek or Spring Break Retreat!

Wow what an amazing 48 hours...... We got so much done, and still have a few project to do! The youth loved it and could not keep saying that! Thanks so much FBC for giving this to them and allowing them to express their personalities!

This room ROCKS!

4 comments:

Connie J said...

It turned out so awesome! Way to go, Youth, and April! Only you could pull this off in such a short time! I can't wait to teach this week in this amazing room. Now to get that plasma and wii installed ;-)
Ringwood FBC Youth rocks!

Anonymous said...

Wow Ia m so excited I got to see all this art on the wall and on our faces! It does look awesome and I can't wait to see reactions on Sunday! LAst night was really a blast in so many ways!

Tammy said...

What an awesome room! Congrats to you and the youth on a job well done!

Anonymous said...

IT LOOKS AMAZING!!