Monday, March 30, 2009

Wow one more mile stone........ Our paperwork arrived at CIS last Wednesday!!!! No excuses for why I am just now blogging! After a few mishaps with our home study, we finally had all that we need, and then with a few mishaps on my part, we were finally organized and sent it off on Tuesday of last week. We are waiting for contact from CIS and an appointment for our fingerprints. Things are rolling and I must get organized. We are also starting to fill our Grants for help toward our adoption process. Yet we also feel that the Lord will provide all that we need no matter what that amount He chooses to give us. We are very excited to be were we are right now, and will continue to wait patiently!!! Although some days that is harder than others. :) There is so much that we have learned during an adoption process, about God first and then ourselves, and the government, he he, and our child who was chosen for us! Lord, we are daily putting our faith in you, knowing that you are in control and your plans are perfect. May we continue to rest in your arms, knowing you will never leave us!





Announcing Dates to our upcoming Garage Sale.......... We have decided to have the garage sale on May 1st and 2nd. It will still be in Enid, and all proceeds will go to the Johnson's and ours adoption process. If there is anything you would like to donate please give me a call, your donations would be much appreciated. We invite all of you to come and shop, you know that the economy is hurting, so why not save money and shop the garage sales...... lol NO really we would love to see you!





Also would like to share what has been on my heart for many months now, even more than a year. The Lord has been asking, telling, speaking to my heart for awhile now to do a Bible Study in my home. I have been very reluctant to do this for lack of self confidence. I am reminded many times from Him that He wants me to do this, and I have reminded Him of how scared I am. In my quiet time this morning He shared with me, that I was His child and He would help me through anything that was presented. I can teach Youth, but I am so scared to teach Adults. So to keep myself accountable to what the Lord said to me, I am announcing that I will be holding a Bible Study in my home. I have for sure chosen Beth Moore as the curriculum for the Bible Study. After research, picking the day and time, and choosing what fabulous study from Beth Moore we will do, I will contact all those in my home town area, and post about it as well. I ask that you pray for me, for my fears, my uncertainty, and lack of confidence. I do believe that it is not all about me, to make it all about Him I need to be right were He wants me.



Our hearts go out to the family of our beloved Super Intendent. We are completely sorry for the loss of him, our prayers go to "B" and the family. I must say that Mr. J was a light in the community and especially in our school. He will be missed, because he was an example to those students, his administration, and family. He was an awesome man that loved his job and those students of Ringwood High. May we come together as a school and do all that we can do for this family and may we learn from his example. Our prayers are with you!

4 comments:

Connie J said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

So glad your back!:) I agree with you totally about Mr Johnson, My heart goes out to the Johnson family and our school, and community, Mr Johnson was a wonderful man and will truely be missed.
Love,
Tracy

Erica said...

Hey I am so glad to hear all the exciting news! I miss you guys it feels like it has been years since I last saw you. I have been very busy myself with finals approaching and all! My heart also goes out to the Johnson family and though I didn't know him I did know of him and he seemed like a very well and respected kind hearted man! I miss you again!
With Love Erica

Kitty Smith said...

We met our daughter Jia at the same time Connie and Clayton met Kayden. What a fabulous trip! What beautiful daughters. I know of you through Connie and am so touched by your story of how you and eventually your husband have turned toward adoption. God is so BIG! I am going to enjoy watching your daughter's story unfold!

I, too, lead a Bible study at church and have for several years now. I constantly ask God to bring someone along to take over the class as I feel so incompetent to facilitate the class. He gave me a rest for a while, but I'm back in the middle again, still looking to him in amazement, wondering why He has chosen me. I'll definitely be praying for you. Remember that it truly is in our weakness that He is made strong!