Friday, April 17, 2009

Two Hands


There is a song on the radio called "Two Hands" by Jars of Clay, that is really speaking to me. I have shared with my mentor, even this week that I feel that my life sometimes is so busy that I am not stopping and listening for Him, and what could I be missing because of it. A quote from "Two Hands":


"I have one hand pulling you closer and the other to push away, If I had two hands doing the same thing, lifted high, lifted high."



I do feel that I am pulling Him closer and the other hand in the since is pushing away, because it is so busy doing doing doing, that I am not seeking Him with my whole heart. I want two hands doing the same thing, worshipping, reading my Bible, praying, and teaching. It takes both hands to do this, and although I am doing them, but my other hand is busy doing something else. Every time I hear this song, it speaks loudly to me!



I would like to share this as well:



"We need not fear what our obedience will cause to happen in our life. We should only fear what our disobedience will cause us to miss."



With this statement from a book "What happen when women say YES to God" is goes right in with my scripture this morning:



"And I will give you treasures hidden in the darkness - secret riches. I will do this so you may know that I am the Lord, the God of Israel, the one who call you by name"

Isaiah 45:3



May you seek His will and direction, just as I am striving to do each and every day, so that you do not miss out on what He has for you. These things are far better than anything we can imagine.

2 comments:

Erica said...

My heart has been aching so much lately for the same reason! I am not being very obedient and taking the time I need to be in the work of my Savior...Thank you for your encouraging words! I love ya girl

Connie J said...

LOVE IT, LOVE IT!
Hugs to you~