Monday, January 26, 2009

Chinese New Year

Happy Chinese New Year to all who are celebrating this holiday. We (The Muellers and The Hamms) celebrated our first last night in Enid at the Imperial Garden Restaurant. There was a lot of people there and I for some reason was very nervous. The people are very friendly and welcoming, I just felt overwhelmed by the number of people. I was called the social butterfly (which usually fits my personality) but last night for some reason that social butterfly was David. He really got to talk to a lot of people and hear their incredible stories. There was a couple of families that I did know and it was good to see them.

I do know that there is some traditions that are done during the Chinese New Year, one of them is handing out Red Envelopes to all filled with coins in them. My girls were much surprised to receive some of the special gifts to be handed out last night.
This year, 2009, is the year of the ox or buffalo. People born in the Year of the Ox are patient, speak little, and inspire confidence in others. Wish I had a little of the Ox in me. lol We had a wonderful time once I was ready to step out of the comfort zone, and mingle. It was a great evening and enjoyed the company, and all though Chinese food is not my favorite I still found food to eat. The coolest part of the evening was all the little girls and boys dressed up in the Chinese clothes. They were so adorable and full of energy. They are all very happy and full of life. What a blessing to be a part of the celebration with so many families around our area, that felt that calling, and adopted and I am really glad to be a part of this group of people and really look forward to getting to know them better!
Also as we celebrate the New Year in China, we 3 mom's await eagerly and anticipate what the Lord has for us this year. We all feel that this is the year that the Lord will bring our little girls (or boys) home. We are so excited and filled with emotions for what the Year of the Ox brings for Connie, Tina and I. Enjoy the pictures, and have a Christ filled day!

Kaylee and Daddy!



Ashley and Mommy!




Kayden, Kaylee and Kenzie, the 3 Musketeers!



Dale and Aiden!



Surprise Gotcha!

Ty and Kolton, looking good in those hats!



Me, Tina and Connie!
Waiting for God's perfect plans!

2 comments:

Connie J said...

We look like we're up to something ;-) Great post! I know for sure God's plans are greater than anything we can imagine!
Love you~

Anonymous said...

Wow,
I am so sorry I missed this but my english paper called and now we don't even have class tomorrow! GRRR....I am so excited for you three! The picture of you guys is so cute and you all look very excited to see what God has instore for you! I am very excited also (duh you knew this)...Praise Jesus!!!