Tuesday, January 13, 2009


Well we survived the 2nd home study yesterday at Dillon......... No really it was very comfortable, and Rebecca is so sweet. She did get personal, but nothing we were afraid to talk about or share with her. We are having our 3rd home study next week on Wednesday @ 5:30. This home study will include Ashley and Kaylee, with personal interviews with all of us and interviewed as a family also........ I was so nervous about yesterday, I think it is because I always have this uneasy feeling that something is going to go wrong. Everything is going right to plan, but I have waited for so long to be in this journey to get our little girl, I still find myself thinking something is going to stop us....... I really should stop and focus on where we are and what we are doing and know that with out a doubt this is where we are suppose to be. We also had a phone interview with our agency last night, went much faster than expected. Karla said I had most of the answers to the questions that most families ask, because I have already traveled to China, and have been so close to the process of adoption that I understood most of the steps and paperwork involved. I will count that as a blessing...... Thanks Connie! :) So all in all yesterday was a great day and very productive..... Now on to required reading and Hague training!
Signing off for now! Have a wonderful Tuesday!

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Yea--glad everything went well!

Anonymous said...

Hey Mom! =) I'm very excited about what you guys have been doing. It's very cool and inspirational. It maks me want to adopt when I get older! =) I really hope you get Emily. I know she's waiting for you right now. =)
Love,
Kacie

Connie J said...

So glad for those 'productive' days in this process. You can whip through that Hague training and required reading in no time ... because you know there is a child at the end of it. Remember, God completes the works that He begins!