Thursday, January 22, 2009

Living on Tulsa Time!

Yesterday was yet another trip to Tulsa...... But much worth it. We headed to Tulsa for our 3rd Home Study, and much to my surprise I was not nervous at all. This was also the first time for my girls to meet Rebecca and they were not even nervous. ~ I really don't know where i get that from ~


We had our family interview and she prepared us for some of the events that can happen when we are home and adjusting to live with a new daughter, or sister. Of course my girls were pros because I am sure that Rebecca was getting tired of hearing "Yea, we know that because Kayden, Kambry or Kaeleb went through that". Rebecca was trying to do her job...... :) She also said that would really help us through all of that. Then we went and had an individual interview, and she got personal with all of us. It was expected but I still had some trouble answering some of the questions. Like ~ "What would you change about David if you could" ~ I could not come up with an answer. I love everything about him, except that he doesn't pick us his laundry....... Really it was a hard question to answer. We were there for about 2 hours and then my sweet husband took us out to eat. Yummy!



What is this..... We drive for a home study and they end up doing homework..... They are so dedicated!


Ashley doing that dreaded Algebra!



David my history buff..... Reading a book on Beijing Olympics!



Also while we were there we did something we have never done on our own. I am very excited about it and can't wait to use it to its full potential.
My in~laws bought us for Christmas, the Seal a Meal, so we added to it a membership to Sam's Club!


This card will allow us to buy in bulk and store in our freezer that never seems to be used to its full capacity.

All in all yesterday was a great day, one of the few days were I felt that we were actually getting somewhere. We still have one more home study to go, but I felt a sense of accomplishment, and that we are getting somewhere. Our next step: Required Reading and Haque Training........ Have I mentioned how much I don't like reading. I am not going to get down because we are so much closer in this well planed, God willing journey! I leave you with a promise from God on encouragement:

May our Lord Jesus Christ and God our Father comfort your hearts and give you strength in every good thing you do and say

2 Thessalonians 2: 16~17

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never had a doubt. I knew you would all SHINE like the "stars" you are.

With one small step behind you...you are now ONE LARGE STEP closer to bringing "Emily" home.

WTG!

I love you (more and mostest).

Anonymous said...

hey girl,
for starters I don't have a phone until Saturday and so I just wanted you to know that I am so excited for you!!!!
I am so glad that you didn't get nervous and that is what is so amazing!I can't even imagine what I would do in that position! Tell the firls I am so proud of them...I can't even explain the emotions that overwhelming me right now lol!!! I love you all very much and I will call you this weekend okay!
I love you so much!

Connie J said...

Woohoo, only one more to go! We really appreciate you personally bringing our home study back so we could send it to CIS today! I think to celebrate your new Sam's membership we need to go get a few cases of diapers :)
Love you all!

Anonymous said...

im excited it went well! haha its funny that kaylee had to do geography! lol =) hey just so you know, i have a blog now. its at kaciejo.blogspot.com you should read it haha i dont think anyone has yet!
love ya!
♥kacie