Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Highlights of Fall Break


My family and another family went to Branson, and had a wonderful time. I will post on that as soon as I can get my hands on the pictures...... :)

Now for the ending of Fall Break! My mom and I had an opportunity to share some time together and enjoy a concert....... Yes we did, we went to Neil Diamond concert and had a wonderful time. Not many people know but Neil Diamond reminds my mom and I of a very important event in my moms life. The concert did bring back some memories of that event, but they were all good memories. I must say that Neil Diamond rocked the house down. Much to my surprise, it was very loud. Let me share another detail....... My mom and I were the minority on age groups. We were the younger generation. There were many couples of the ages of 70 ~ 80. Lots of walkers, canes and wheelchairs.... Many of you think I am joking, but I AM NOT......... It was a great concert and my mom and I enjoyed ourselves very much, reminiscing, laughing, deep conversations, and just sharing time, and reminding each other how much we love one another.
Thanks mom for a great night......
Niel Diamond...... Rocking out
The stage, equipped with a 14 man band!

My Mom and I at the concert

Look closely that is the stage behind us...... :)

2 comments:

Sue Gulick said...

You are more than "welcome". It was a treat for me too...and I think Neil Diamond was performing for just "you and me". Even though I have no rhythm...I am still "rocking out" to the beat of his music. Just don't laugh "out loud" at me...LOL!

Thank you for wanting to share this with me!

Love, MOM

Tammy said...

How neat you and your mom could "rock out" together! Only Elvis would do for mine, so I guess we'll be waiting a while. :)

Thanks for checking in with us. I wonder what our next dd will be like, too. ;)