Tuesday, March 4, 2008

A Day Of Many Events!

We had a very laid back day, but yet it was filled with many events. To start the day off we headed back to civil affairs around 9:30. At this time Clayton and Connie finalized the adoption. They signed more paperwork, and was asked questions, one of them being "Are you pleased with this boy?", Connie said it brought her to tears and her thoughts were how could I not be. This picture below was taken as soon as the papers were signed. Look at that beautiful family (minus some special sisters and brothers at home).
This is the moment I had been waiting on for a long time. This is the first time I held Kaeleb, as hard as it was I kept my distance, until this morning when Connie asked could you hold him a sec. of course there was no hesitation on my part. What a blessing to hold him for the first time in "China".:)
Is this not the sweetest thing you have ever seen. Kaeleb really likes his Daddy. Mommy and Daddy both can make him laugh, but there is a special something between him and his Daddy. I think that Daddy has been taken by this little boy also.
This afternoon we came back to the hotel room after lunch with intentions of the kids taking a nap, apparently they had a different plan in mind. Kambry and Kaeleb played really well together. They really enjoyed this time, because they played right until we left for dinner. During dinner is when we realized that a nap was a better plan. Kaeleb fell asleep while eating, and we did our best to keep Kambry awake. We were successful with Kambry, but when we got back Kaeleb was ready for a bottle and bedtime. Connie then sat down and sang the sweetest version of "Jesus loves you" that you have heard. What can be better than hearing "Jesus loves you" sang to a sweet little boy in her arms.
This picture was taken at Lucy's (American restaurant just down the street of our hotel) right before Gotcha yesterday. We were there trying to kill time and thought eating was a good idea until I realized my stomach was more in knots than I thought.

Today we had lunch at Thia restaurant with a Lifeline adoption family. They are headed back tomorrow (Wednesday) morning. The food was good, but I got something very safe, Chicken Fried Rice. I am not sure but I don't think that is Thia food. lol The lady talking to Connie is our adoption guide. She is very knowledgeable and fun. Rebecca is her name and she has really catered to Clayton and Connie as well as I. My battery charger "blew up" this morning, (no fire though), and she is willing to take us to a electronic store tomorrow so I can get a new one. Accommodating is a good word for Rebecca.
For most of you, you know what gets me excited, and that is shopping and Disney. Well we came across this store this evening after dinner and I just had to go in. They have very cute purses, kinda expensive, but it is Disney what did I expect. Hopefully I will have enough money to go back closer to the end of the trip to get something very special. If not I have this really cool picture..... ha ha!

Well all in all we had a great day. I close with this, I ask you to pray for Kaeleb and the bonding between him and mom and dad. Please pray that Kambry will continue to do as well as she is. Pray for sleep for all of us, and a prayer request for me, I am not sleeping very long at night (like around 5 to 6 hours), and I am having a few dizzy moments. Clayton thinks it is lack of sleep and jet lag combined, and I wonder if it is not part of my sinus infection? Well I ask that you remember me also and pray for a long and great night of sleep. Well it is evening, so I send you all a "Good Night".


5 comments:

Catherine said...

Praying for all of you. What fun to read of the journey to Kaleb through your eyes.

What fun to find a Disney store! Wahoo!

Blessings and prayers for all.

Anonymous said...

I miss my Tuesday dinner date! I hope your having a really good time. What a blessing this blog has been. It is funny what you said about Kaeleb being so close to his daddy, because when I saw the first picture of the two, I thought to myself-He's going to be a daddy's boy. Miss you, love you and WOW-seeing you in China-AMAZING!!
Have a great day.-alf

Sue Gulick said...

Sounds like you all are having a wonderful time. "Kudos" to all of you. Kaeleb looks very content now that he's "home"!

Please promise me you will pay attention to your health. "Dizzy" is not good.

Keep updating blog as I can follow your every move...sorta. Teehee!

Love you MORE! MOM

Anonymous said...

We still miss you! Shelbi says: Hello and you need to come home. Brooklynn says: I hope you are having sweet dreams right now. Ashley says: I'm excited you got to hold Kaleb. See you soon!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I am so excited that you got to hold Kaleb and how fun to find a Disney Store lol!!!! I bet you were in heaven lol!!
Well Kaeleb looks very happy and Kambry seems to be doing very well!! Keep the pictures coming lol