Sunday, March 2, 2008

Greeting from Guangzhou!!!!!!

We are at our final destination until we leave for home. I am so glad to have over half of our flights behind us. We are still so tired that it took everything out of us once again to board that plane today. After much confusion and complications at check in at Beijing and some searching at security we arrived at Guangzhou around 7:25 pm. The city is really beautiful and the hotel is gorgeous. The flight will go down as the worst flight of the trip, it was very rough and I know that i removed all the air from the plane at least 3 times. Well it is behind us........ Know we can unpack suitcases and relax in our nice rooms, which is good since we will be here for 17 days. But the city has much to offer and really caters to adopting families.
Well the great news of all, Goctha day (the day the Johnson's receive Kaeleb) is tomorrow at 2:30 pm (12:30 am Monday morning). Connie will be holding her precious boy and I will be crying as I watch. The emotions are overwhelming and the excitement is huge. This is what the whole trip is about, please pray for an easy transition and bonding for Kaeleb. We are so tired that we will post more information and pictures of our sight seeing in Beijing tomorrow. Thanks for all the posts, I love hearing from all of you. Talk to you real soon!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

we so glad you have finally made it to your destination safely. we continue to pray for all of you, and are very thankful you have set up this blog so we all can keep updated. love ya, see ya soon, and we know you are exhausted, but you all look great! :)

the wedel's

Sue Gulick said...

Congrats on arriving in Guangzhou! This is what this adventure is all about. Even though we can't be there with you and the Johnson's...you know you are all in our hearts and prayers. April, I know how "PROUD" you are of yourself ...and I wish I could just give you "hugs" and "high fives" all day long. Good Job!

Keep the updates coming because it makes me feel like I'm sharing a little of this trip with you.

It's hard for me to make the adjustment that when it's 'daytime' here...it's 'nighttime'. I'm trying really hard...but maybe you can't teach an old dog new tricks. I will probably have it "mastered" by the time you will be leaving to come home. Teehee!

Dad thought that was pretty cool seeing you on the "Great Wall of China"

Have fun and stay safe.

Lots and Lots of Love, MOM

Anonymous said...

It is so good to hear you made it there. I tried to comment last night but was unable for some reason. I'm sitting here with Jessica on my lap. She has been attached to my hip most of the weekend. I love the pictures and it is so good to see you even through pictures. All is well here except for the cold front moving in which has caused my children to suddenly turn in to little monsters. We miss you, Kaylee seems to be doing good, she didn't seem to mopey the last couple of times I've seen her. Have a great day-love alf

Anonymous said...

I can't wait until tomorrow to check the blogs! I am so excited for all of you! Keep taking lots of pictures for us to see when you get back!

Love and Prayers
Tina

Tammy said...

Hi April!

I'm so glad that plane ride is behind you and you made it safely to the White Swan. How is it, btw?

We'll be there soon! Can't wait to meet all of you!

Take care!
Tammy
www.youbelong.net/thehills