Saturday, March 15, 2008

Our Day of Miracles



Thank you so much for checking the blog everyday, and leaving me comments. We love hearing from you and it gives us the feeling of being at home. To my calculations we have 3 days left including today. It is Sunday for us, and today we are headed to the zoo, I will post pictures of that later this afternoon. What I do want to share with you is something very special that happen yesterday. I will tell the story to the best of my abilities. A few days ago a girl ~ about 8 years old ~ found us eating in the hotel one morning, she asked her adoptive parents if she could come over and say "Hi" to Kaeleb, she proceeded and talked to him, played with him and before I knew it had him out of Claytons arms and on the floor touching him and playing some more. We all thought it was very special for Kaeleb, because she could talk to him and he understood. She then was pulled away from him by her mom, and they went on. Yesterday we seen her and her family in the breakfast room again and she immediately lit up. Her mom said "She only lights up when he is around" and then asked "where is she from", she told us that she was from Foshan, Nanhai. Oh my to our surprise she was from the orphanage that Kaeleb was from. No wonder she lights up, as Connie said she probably helped take care of him on the weekends. This is a God given miracle to the little girls family and the Johnson's. The chances of this is very slim, and here it happen. The two families have taken information and plan on keeping the two of them connected through out their lives. This was so touching that is brought Connie to tears, and gave me and the "H" family mom goose bumps. I thank the Lord for giving them this connection, and bringing it our attention so that these two children could continue to grow up together.


Now for the rest of the day, Connie, Clayton, and Kaeleb left this morning for the medical exam ~ all is good. Kaeleb didn't like the whole experience but this was good for Kaeleb and mom, because it gave Connie a time to consul him, and so she did. She would never have let that moment slip by...... Then that afternoon, she went to a special room, and filled out paperwork. I went for awhile to experience it also, but Kaeleb didn't cooperate for the entire time, so I left with him. That was pretty special to me because Kaeleb cuddled up and fell asleep in my arms for his afternoon nap. "OH HAPPY DAY" I then chilled and watch a movie. (Which was much welcomed because I was not feeling the best).

Now on Friday, we had 4 more families join us at the White Swan, and last night we were able to have dinner with the entire group. As Connie said the adoptive children ages range from 9 mths to 3 years. I was able to get a picture of the group, and I got some closer pictures of the little girls that were down by us. We really enjoyed the time with the other families. The dinner was wonderful, and the fellowship was really enjoyed All six families are going to the zoo today, and Kambry and I are so excited.


This is what Connie ordered for dinner. It was called something like Fried Rice with Seafood. We all decided that the presentation was really spectacular.
This is Jada and her momma.

This is Emma and her aunt.



Is this not the cutest picture. This is the "H" family children. My thought is who need a double stroller in China, not us...... There is no way any of our kids would do this with a smile upon their face. LOL :)






Well I almost forgot the other cool thing that happen the other day, this was another big moment for Connie, EVERYONE CHEER, Kaeleb said "MAMA", and since then has said "DADA" also. Brings tears to your eyes huh...... So many wonderful things have happen over the last few days, PRAISE OUR LORD, FOR HE IS GOOD.
Good bye from Guangzhou......
Love April, Connie, Clayton, Kambry and Kaeleb
Declare among nations His honour, Among all the peoples His wonders.
Psalms 96:3

2 comments:

Sue Gulick said...

WOW...fabulous story! Miracles come in all shapes and sizes.
When you least expect them...He still has "gifts" for all of you. You never know when a miracle is just around the corner... waiting for you!

"Mama and Dada" are always the sweetest words parents can hear...and yet they melt our hearts when they are said out loud.

I know you are all looking forward to starting the new "life" God has planned for you here in Oklahoma...and joining the families that you've left behind. We are all waiting patiently for your return.

Love you ((((((((this)))))))))much...... and more!!

Mom

Anonymous said...

Your time has come to say good bye to a place so dear but to say hello to a place full of cheer!!! I can't wait to see all you guys when you return I will be on my missions trip but as soon as I return I will be calling you cuz while you have been gone things have been going on here but I can't wait to hear from you and all your amazing stories to share!! U have made me realize some things that have become goals to me and who else better to share them with then you I love you so much give Kambry Erica hugs for me love ya