Sunday, March 2, 2008

Its Gotcha Day!!!!!!

The Summer Palace.....



The Summer Palace, continued


Connie and I listening to Michelle, or at least trying. We were so tired, and cold and did not want to listen about China history at that point. Can't you tell by our faces.



Kambry..... Why use chopsticks when we can just pick it up with our hands. She loved the dumplings, and so did I.


This is at the Beijing airport with Michelle, right before we said "Good Bye". She was a great tour guide.



After a good nights sleep we are feeling a little better. I am a firm believer that Jet Lag is miserable..... Well today is the day, and the emotions are in high mode. We have not even seen him and I have broke down in tears twice, and Clayton told me that it is only going to get worse. (I am ready) As I post right now, we have less than 3 hours to go before they hold him for the first time. The moment we have been waiting on for a long time. We will post as soon as we can.... I promise.

Well yesterday was a day...... We did some more touring, but it was so cold that it was really hard to enjoy it, but I did stop and take it in. We went to the Summer Palace and had lunch at a Dumpling restaurant. It was really good, (Dad you would have been proud of me, I ate like a pig) I even used chopsticks the whole time. My theory on that is with my love of Chinese food and my abilities to use chopsticks I am bound to lose some weight..... :) We also went to a pearl factory, where of course I spent some more money, come on shopping and jewelry what did you expect. After that Michelle took us to the airport where the day went down hill from there, after an hour of panic we finally had our boarding passes in our hands and was ready to board the plane, as much as possible. The plane ride, wow...... It was awful but behind me.

The hotel is so beautiful and the city is amazing. I really like it better than Beijing, but don't get me wrong, Beijing was really cool. I really don't think that it has set in that I am in China......... I still want to pinch myself to make sure.

I want to tell you of an exciting moment we had with Michelle yesterday, We had a God moment, and to be honest my words can not tell it like Connie's did so please go check out her blog and read her post. It is so awesome, our God is an Awesome God... I know there where seeds planted. Check it out by this link "Michelle's awesome story."

Well I leave you with this..... Please pray for Kaeleb today, with the transition, bonding, his emotions (as well as ours) and smoothness of the entire day.

"If we look forward to something we don't have yet, we must wait patiently and confidently."
Romans 8:25










No comments: